Sunday, February 24, 2013

         And The Oscar Goes....

 

 

Yes everyone it is Oscar night.I am making a bold prediction that Jennifer Lawerence walks away with Best Actress and De Niro walks away with Best Supporting Actor for both of ther parts in the movie,"Silver Linings Playbook" . And I bring this up for a couple of reasons on this Sunday evening.
 
 
The movie that both roles were a part of was a very good picture this year. I have not been a big movie goer in recent years because A) the movie makers are jusr rehashing some of the same garbage over and over and B) I would rather spend money on books and music for entertainment. But when I found out that this movie was about mental health and several facets of the disease I couldn't wait to get my popcorn and sneak in some Twizzlers and stick it to the man.
 
 
I was very happy and pleased that I saw this film in theatrical release. Bradley Cooper,who sadly won't walk away with an eight lb golden statue this evening was a great lead character.His name is Patrick.He just got home from a stay in an institution .I don't want to give the plot away for anyone who has yet to see this flick. He doesn't take his medicine and he really has no couth when it comes to interaction. His triggers for flying off the handle are quite amusing at times and I can sort of relate in a matter of  fact sort of way. We have all been in his shoes to a certain degree at times in our lives.
 
 
Enter Tiffany. Wonderfully played by tonite's Oscar winning leading lady, Jennifer Lawerence. Who in most opinions I have seen made this film.She plays a beautiful soul trying to rebuild her life and experiencing all five stages of greif, sometimes all together.This story some how seemed custom made for her.And she truly is the heroine of the story.
 
 
The thing I want everyone to take away from this is,that no matter how unrelenting the pain can be there can always be a silver lining.We have to work real hard to find it. But it is there.I can say this with certainty because I am going thru this with you right now. I am trying to find all the silver linings that I can.With everyone I find I get a foot closer to climbing out of the abyss that seems impossible to scale.And slippery as hell.But let me tell ya I don't wanna be on the bottom forever because I might just suffocate...Now where's the bus????

No comments:

Post a Comment