Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Lookin Forward To What's Up Ahead

..."Looking forward to what's up ahead,no need to see what's left behind". That is a lyric from my song,"Outta Sight". I gave up the riding because my back would stiffen up so bad. I had a hard time staying in the saddle for hours.So I sold the bike in April of 2012.I hadn't had the injuries yet. So I figured since it hurt so bad to ride sometimes, I would sell the bike.I've had four motorcycles in thirteen years.


 I was informed yesterday that I would be having some surgery in the future. I was also informed that this could interfere with me singing. I am having a cervical fusion soon and I know they have to shift the vocal cords over with a tool so they can reach your discs.I know I have one of the best doctor's in my area performing it when it happens also. But I must say I'm a little nervous about losing my voice.It can sometimes effect your larynx and cause the vocal cords to become hoarse and sometimes paralyzed. It doesn't seem to happen all the time for good. But if I said I was happy about anytime  I would be lying.


I was thinking that these problems I am having are leading me to another gift and not my selective gift.I was thinking deeply that my voice was a true gift.But I was talking to a close friend the other day. And I had a \n AH-AH!!!. My singing took alot of work.I struggled and toiled long and hard to develop that. The funny thing I had been developing all these years was my writing. I write songs.I have had poetry published.I always did well writing papers. I am a writer. So with a little coaxing I started this blog. I hope to have a podcast going soon as well.


I want to document this next road I am riding down. Now, that way if I don't sing again I will be able to keep firing the creative juices around. It is wonderful to be able to have more than one way to give to the muse. The written word is so wonderful and there is no place that you can't go.I also look forward to getting back behind the mic. I did some radio work at WRPI  in Troy. I was in high school and was getting hours to get my fcc license. So I did some on air work. I have also made numerous radio and tv apperences over the years. I just want to thank everyone who has heard or listened to me sing over the years. Looking forward to whats up ahead...




"Come ride the bus with me along the way......"

No comments:

Post a Comment