Friday, March 15, 2013

Without Some Rock There Is No Roll

"I too am lost,and I feel double crossed..." - Bob Seger "Roll Me Away"
 


Ok life is not perfect. The ride is filled with potholes, crashes and falls.It is very hard to see any hope at times when everyone and everything seems to be going against you. Part of trying to fix myself has gotten me to try and look at things in a different way. But it is so fucking hard to get thru all the bullshit that seems to flow downstream.


I was always told growing up, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I have to tell ya my hope is being sucked from the last fibers I possessed (I'm a poet and I know it). Drained and empty come to mind.Somehow we have to get up and shake out the melancholy. But getting up is the hardest part.


Another issue I have struggled with over  time is the gratitude factor.Changing yourself is hard enough without having to say thank you for my problems.I have been having such a hard time remembering to say thank you for what I do have.So right now I say thank you out loud for all the things I have been blest with.But my family are my rock and without them I would be lost. My wife had surgery this week so I have been trying to do my best helping her.Just like she has been and will continue to help me.Thank you.


We are going thru alot of things at this moment in time. Trying to keep in mind that this to shall pass has not been any comfort to me at all.But my rock has.I have survived another day.My life goes on.I am sober and after the day I had that is something to be thankful for.At least today.


The bus has broken down on the side of the road...please call road service.     

No comments:

Post a Comment